Services for NY Metro Area CPA Firms
Whether your firm is looking for a new partner or is interested in merging, selling or aquiring another firm, we understand the issues and offer distinct advantages:
We’re fellow CPAs and we specialize. Unlike search firms who deal in numerous industries, we work with public accounting and consulting firms exclusively. We’re intimately familiar with the inner workings of the industry, both personal and professional.
Our network is unmatched. With twenty-plus years of solid relationships to tap, we can sense immediately who are the most promising firms, people and opportunities for you.
We focus exclusively on the NY Metro area. No two metro areas are exactly alike. As experts in the NY Metro CPA market, our home turf, we are able to speed up the process by hitting the ground running.
Partner, Director and other senior executive changes are highly sensitive matters. Depending on why your firm is seeking a new member (i.e. retirement, growth, expansion, etc.), our approach is custom tailored to your needs. Beginning with a confidential discussion of your goals and position specifications, we ask:
- Why is there a need to fill the position?
- How much is budgeted?
- What do you consider attributes for success?
Our partner search services have a simple objective: Help you find and select the best new team member as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
Mergers & Acquisitions
A merger, sale or acquisition can be a make-or-break move—easily the most important in a firm's career. There are any number of reasons why such moves make sense:
- Expand a current practice area
- Develop a new practice area
- Open up a new geographical territory
- Achieve economies of scale
- Drive higher partner compensation
- Attract better staff through larger size and better compensation
- Fund partner retirement
- Create opportunities for staff to learn new specialties
- Increase growth and profits
- Build internal capabilities to handle new regulatory burdens
If you’re interested in selling or merging your practice, we will meet with you in confidence to:
- Fully understand why you’re interested in this major change
- Familiarize ourselves with your firm’s culture, profitability and long-term strategies
- Provide a confidential internal valuation for qualified sellers, free of charge
- Identify and discuss with you a very small number of target firms based on your specific objectives
- Present your firm in confidence to agreed potential buyers and, if there is mutual interest, arrange a preliminary meeting
- Consult on deal structure and other issues that arise
If you’re interested in acquiring a CPA firm, we will meet with you in confidence to:
- Fully understand your firm’s unique culture, economics and growth strategies
- Exhaustively research the market to identify firms meeting your objectives
- Upon your approval, contact firms in confidence to initiate discussion
- Ensure the right fit with interested target firms via detailed, structured interviews
- Remain actively involved in negotiations, providing a sounding board to ensure forward momentum
- Consult with you regarding issues including:
- Non-compete agreements
- Retirement issues
- New partner admissions
- Technical and administrative transition concerns
Our M&A services have a simple objective: Help you identify and capitalize on the best new opportunity as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.